Saturday, March 23, 2013

Orange China Cabinet

I found this little beauty on Craigslist. My guy helped me sand it. He was a bit lazy to sand by hand so he used the electric sander, even when I told him to lightly scuff it. Yup, he took it down to the bare wood. He is just so gentle :)
 
 
       I applied 3 coats of acrylic Sun baked Orange paint. I used the roller for the sides, to give it and even orange tone. After it was all dry, came the distressing. I tell you this was NOT easy! Ok, I really need to do my research about homemade chalk paint because the distressing took me about 2- 1/2 hrs to get to where I liked it.  Well, that's the last time this happens to me. To seal it I applied 2 coats of polyacrylic. I placed bamboo on the inside to give it a original earthy look and voila!  
 
 
Hope you like it. Made w love.. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment